November 30, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life

Recently I watched the "It's a Wonderful Life" episode of That 70's Show and it really made me think. In the episode Eric goes back to the day when Donna kissed him and she doesn't kiss him. Then the angel shows Eric how different everything would have been if they have never kissed. That got me thinking about how different my life may be right now if I had never been with my ex. Although he is a jerk and broke my heart more then once, he really made a difference in my life. He made me challenge things and made me think about things, for example, I use to be a really big mama's girl, and I still am but I have learned to do more things on my own and have tried to make my mom see that I am growing up and need more space to live my own life. He taught me be stronger and not to let people push me around. There are other things too but I don't want to list them all.

I still don't believe that "it's better to have loved and lost, then to never to have loved at all" is right. I do believe that you meet the people you meet and go through the things you go through for a reason but losing someone you love is never fun and never good, even if it is a good thing in the big picture. I know that a perfect world would be boring but at least in a perfect world everyone would be happy and everything would be great. Pain, heartache, and challenges are a part of life, yes, but what about those people who can't handle it, is that what was in store for them in life? That wouldn't make sense because suicide is a sin and is punished in hell, so why would it be their "destiny"?

I tend to think about things too much... it has its pros and cons.


3 comments:

soundz said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................

Kristin said...

I wish that it didn't take bad things happening to us for us to learn to stand up for ourselves, but many times it does. I guess it's part of growing up, getting crapped on for awhile tell you finally pick up the crap and throw it right back!

momtoabowhead said...

Remember Matt Godfrey? And how I thought the world was over when we broke up. And then thought my world was perfect when we got back together, and then died a little inside when we broke up again?

I can't even remember now why I thought he was so perfect. It takes time to heal, but in the end it always makes you a stronger person.

Thanks for being there for all my high school heartbreaks, btw.

<3

btw, you're too good for this ex you speak of.