November 24, 2008

Photography


Well I'm not really sure what to write on my first blog. So, I'll just start at the beginning. My name is Meghan Miller. I am a junior at Morningside College in Sioux City. I have two majors now, Photography and Graphic Design. My main focus is on photography but I figured I could use some experience in another field, so I added Graphic Design. Photography I think really became an interest to me when I was in 8th grade and I decided to be on the yearbook staff. Of course, the yearbook in junior high isn't that big of a deal and it is a little different from a high school year book but it was still a really cool experience. We each had to make our own page layout and then we had to cut the pictures out and put them on the page, so it was like an old fashion way of doing it but it was fun.

I later decided that i wanted to be on the yearbook staff at my high school as a photographer, and my interests for photography grew. Although I really liked being on the yearbook staff, I found that journalism photography was not where I wanted to go with it. I am now finding out that I really like landscape photography. Now what I am working towards is learning different techniques of photography to explore everything but I really think I am going to try my hardest to travel around the world and take pictures of landscapes and things for a magazine or something like that, I'm still not really sure yet. All I know is that I want to take landscape photos and travel.

Wish me luck...


2 comments:

soundz said...

YOU DONT NEED LUCK YOU ARE ALREADY ON YOUR WAY....KEEP MOVIN FORWARD!

momtoabowhead said...

oh the good old days, i miss yearbook.